Want to Create Educational Games? Learn From Industry Leader John Beck!
John Beck, Gamifying SuperstarContents Introduction
- What would your first response be to people who believe the education paradigm is fine as it is?
- How widespread is the rote-learning paradigm, and how useful is it?
- What’s the first experience that really resonated with you and convinced you to start making interactive learning experiences?
- Is there something you see people commonly get wrong about educational games?
- Other than your own, which educational games do you think have some really interesting aspects?
- How much of a great educational game do you feel is about novel ideas, and how much is execution?
- If someone were to get into the business of educational games, what book (or other single resource) would you tell them is essential reading/viewing etc?
- You talk about mental models – could you explain a little more? And are games inherently better at teaching them?